Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Rotor : Modular Typeface Progress





I surprisingly enjoyed sketching the letters. Going Uppercase was definitely the way to go and I'm really pleased with how each of the letters turned out. They embody both wind and energy like I intended. However, when I went to upscale the sketches from 1.25 inches to 5 inches I found it was very difficult to make 26 clean large scale mockups because the turbine shape is so odd and the lines are so thin that the sketches were worse than they were better. With the small sketches the line weights are more consistent and once scanned in I expect will create cleaner vectors to work from. Additionally, I am still making decisions on a few of the letter designs and working from the smaller sketches helps keep those options open. 

No comments:

Post a Comment